225 Peachtree St, N.E.
Atlanta, GA 30303
Derek Schwahn is an associate who practices federal and state court litigation. Prior to joining the firm, Derek clerked for the Honorable Dudley H. Bowen, Jr. in the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Georgia, where he assisted in resolving criminal and civil motions in various areas of the law.
Derek graduated summa cum laude from Georgia State College of Law, where he served as an Associate Research Editor on the Georgia State Law Review and a research assistant to Eric J. Segall, Kathy and Lawrence Ashe Professor of Law. During his time in law school, Derek interned for the Honorable Richard W. Story in the Northern District of Georgia and the Honorable Ben W. Studdard III in the Henry County State Court. In 2018, Derek was inducted into Georgia State’s chapter of the Order of the Coif.
Derek completed his undergraduate education at Georgia Southern University and graduated magna cum laude with a degree in Political Science and minors in Economics and History.
- Georgia State College of Law
- Juris Doctor (J.D.), summa cum laude
- Order of the Coif
- Associate Research Editor, Georgia State Law Review
- Research Assistant to Professor Eric J. Segall
- Georgia Southern University
- Bachelor of Arts (B.A.), magna cum laude
- Major: Political Science; Minor: Economics & History