Ethan M. Knott
225 Peachtree St, N.E.
Atlanta, GA 30303
Ethan M. Knott
Ethan M. Knott represents plaintiffs and defendants in complex litigation. He has successfully litigated and arbitrated cases involving asset purchase agreements, breaches of fiduciary duty, civil RICO, construction claims, contract disputes, Lanham Act claims, policyholder insurance coverage disputes, and shareholder derivative claims.
Ethan also represents individuals in tort cases involving catastrophic injury.
Before joining the firm, Ethan served as a law clerk for the Honorable Sheri Polster Chappell in the United States District Court for the Middle District of Florida and as a litigation associate for an Atlanta based international law firm.
Ethan received his juris doctor from the University of Miami School of Law, graduating magna cum laude. While attending law school, Ethan served as a judicial intern for the Honorable Edwin G. Torres and the Honorable Kathleen M. Williams in the United States District Court for the Southern District of Florida. Ethan also served as a Research and Writing Editor of the University of Miami Business Law Review. Ethan completed his undergraduate studies at Florida State University, graduating cum laude with a Bachelor of Science degree in finance.
Outside of the office, Ethan is active with the Atlanta Area Council of the Boy Scouts of America, having obtained the rank of Eagle Scout, and with Big Brothers Big Sisters of Metro Atlanta.
Ethan was voted by his peers as a Super Lawyer – Rising Star in 2020, 2021, and 2022. Ethan was also selected for inclusion on the “Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch” list.
Ethan is licensed to practice in Florida, Georgia, and Texas.
- Represented medical device supplier in federal court regarding Lanham Act claims over the design, labeling, and advertising of Class II medical devices.
- Represented equipment supplier against petrochemical company in federal court regarding the breach of a secured promissory note.
- Represented multi-national engineering firm against a public utility in arbitration involving the renovation and upgrade of a hydroelectric production facility.
- Represented national mortgage lender in federal court regarding alleged violations of federal communications laws.
- Represented consortium of construction firms against equipment manufacturer in state court involving the construction of a supercritical coal-fired power plant.
- Represented web developer against e-commerce store in state court regarding breach of partnership agreement.
- Represented pipeline contractor against natural gas company in federal court involving the construction of a natural gas pipeline.
- University of Miami School of Law
- Juris Doctor (J.D.), magna cum laude
- Research and Writing Editor, University of Miami Business Law Review
- Florida State University
- Bachelor of Science (B.S.), cum laude
- Major: Finance