225 Peachtree St, N.E.
Atlanta, GA 30303
Michael C. Gretchen
MICHAEL C. GRETCHEN is a Senior Associate with Fellows LaBriola. His cases involve all manner of business and commercial litigation, including intellectual property disputes, insurance coverage disputes, fraud and misrepresentation claims, breach of fiduciary duty claims, federal and state RICO claims, and class action claims.
Michael has also successfully handled several cases involving catastrophic personal injuries and wrongful death on behalf of injured persons and families.
Michael has litigated cases in many Georgia State and Superior Courts, and in the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Georgia. In addition, he has successfully handled cases before the Georgia Court of Appeals and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit. He is admitted to practice in all Georgia state and federal courts.
Before joining the firm, Michael practiced with a diverse insurance defense firm in Marietta, Georgia. His practice included general liability defense, premises liability, medical malpractice, and construction litigation.
- Successfully represented a national franchisor in defense of class action claims alleging violations of federal and state RICO laws.
- Successfully represented a payment-processing merchant-acquirer in defense of class action alleging the defendants charged unauthorized and excessive fees for merchant payment processing services.
- Successfully represented an out-of-state restaurant company against claims alleging violations of the Lanham Act and breach of license agreement.
- Obtained summary judgment on behalf of a commercial real estate owner against claims alleging permanent physical injury and loss of business due to alleged toxic mold.
- Obtained affirmance of summary judgment on behalf of a landowner against claims alleging personal injury arising from a slip-and-fall.
- Obtained summary judgment on behalf of a taxi driver against claims alleging permanent brain damage arising from a pedestrian vehicle accident.
- Obtained summary judgment on behalf of an Atlanta hospital against claims alleging premises liability and negligence.
- University of Georgia School of Law
- Juris Doctor (J.D.)
- cum laude
- Best Oralist (Fulton Haight Award), National Moot Court Competition, presented by the American College of Trial Lawyers
- Best Oralist, Talmadge Moot Court Competition
- Finalist, Richard B. Russell Moot Court Competition
- Best Advocate, National South Texas Mock Trial Challenge
- National Order of Barristers
- Pupil, Joseph Henry Lumpkin Inn of Court
- Notes Editor, Georgia Journal of Intellectual Property Law
- Washington and Lee University
- Bachelor of Arts in Classics and Politics
- cum laude
- Leadership Buckhead, 2018-2019
- Leadership Academy, 2018, State Bar of Georgia, Young Lawyer’s Division
- Rising Star, 2018-2019
- State Bar of Georgia
- Young Lawyers Division
- Co-Chair-YLD Business Law Committee (2018-2019)
- Committees Membership: Legislative Affairs, Litigation, Business Law
- Atlanta Bar Association
- Litigation Section
- Atlanta Council of Younger Lawyers – Board Member (2018-2019)
- Co-Chair Associates’ Campaign (2019)
- Federal Bar Association
- St. Thomas More Society
- Parishioner, Cathedral of Christ the King